Follow Us @soratemplates

Friday, May 12

I Dare You Book Tag

I am so terribly sorry I've been gone for such a long time, but my life has been crazy with work and finals for college, so I didn't really have the time to write any blogposts. Today I'm back with a tag I recently read over at paperfury her blog, that sounded like a lot of fun and had some questions I hadn't seen before! Let's get right into it.




1. Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
I first took a look at my bookshelf but had no idea, so I scrolled all the way back in my google backup photo's (since I always take pictures of my new books anyway) to find out which book I got the longest ago haha. That book is The Complete Sherlock Holmes Long Stories by ser Arthur Conan Doyle. I got this book for Christmas in 2014 and I still haven't read it...



2. Which is your current read, your last read and your next read?
Soooooo this is quite funny. My previous read was A Court Of Wings And Ruin and my current read is A Court Of Wings And Ruin...Yeah...This book just came out and I loved it so much I just started rereading right away haha. And my next read will be........*drumroll*
A Court Of Wings And Ruin! 
No, just kidding. It will probably be The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.


3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
People who have been following this blog for a while will probably understand my answer for this. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I didn't HATE it, because I don't think I've ever hated a book, but it was sooooooooooooooo boring. Too much irrelevant information, a story that dragged on and not a lot of excitement.



4. What book do you keep telling yourself to read, but probably won't?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I got it for Christmas, because at that moment I really wanted to read it. I got 10 pages in, almost died from boredom and picked up something else. I keep telling myself I'll get back to it, but I know I won't.



5. Which books are you saving for retirement?
Pride and Prejudice lol.


6. Last page: read it first, or wait till the end?
Wait till the end, obviously.


7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Interesting! I don't always read the acknowledgments, but I love seeing authors talk about how unreal being published is and fangirling about their own characters. I also love seeing the people they mention, it always makes me realise how many authors know each other.


8. Which character would you switch places with?
Feyre Archeron! I'd tap Rhys his booty every day yes pls. Also, I want the Inner Circle and Lucien as my best friends.


9. Do you have a book that reminds you of a certain moment in your life? (a person, place, time etc.)
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Someone really dear to me died of cancer a few years ago. Reading that book felt like ripping open an old wound. I just avoid books about cancer all together now.



10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way?
My Infernal Devices boxset/books! During Christmas a year ago me and adarlansassasssin did a Christmas book swap. She got me a present and I got her one. She ended up buying me the Infernal Devices box set. At that point I was just reading and loving The Mortal Instruments and she was of the opinion that I HAD to read that trilogy as well.



11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I gave my best friend my copy of A Court Of Thorns And Roses for her birthday. I had two copies and decided that she had to read this trilogy. A year later I bought her A Court Of Mist And Fury.



12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
Well, it's not a lot of places, but rather the furthest away. I brought my copy of A Clash Of Kings with me to Prague. We went there on a 4 days city trip with school and I needed a long book with me to read on the plane, so I brought this.



13. Any ''required reading'' you hated in school that wasn't so bad a few years later?
Here in the Netherlands we don't have to read like specific titles. We (or at least I did) get this enormous list of books to choose from, so most of the books I read were great. I did read one book that was shit, but I never read it again and still think it's shit. It's a Dutch book called Oeroeg, don't look it up.


14. Used or brand new?
I used to be all about the brand new books, but recently I've been getting some used books in this YA Facebook group I'm in and they're all in great condition. If they still look good I don't mind that the books have been read before. I have also been getting some books from a seller that are brand new, but have like a small fold in the page or a slight tear in the dust jacket, so they can't be sold for the full price anymore. I don't really mind those things, so I buy a lot from that seller as well. (it's a Dutch seller, sorry everyone who was interested)


15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
I picked up the Dutch version of the da Vinci Code, got to about 50 pages and got super bored. I ended up sellinng the book.


16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
Lord Of The Rings. I read the first book and enjoyed it, but thought all the descriptions dragged on a lot which made it such a slow read. I LOVE the movies though, I've seen them all several times.



17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry? Cookbooks excluded.
Uhm...I don't know, I've never really thought about that. I don't think I have. Though, when pizza is mentioned, I want pizza.


18. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?
There is several people, actually. First there is my best friend, because we love the same things and know exactly what the other liked. I am mostly the one to give her recs, though haha. Then there is my blog buddies over at spinesandcovers, they like the same things as me as well and we always talk about books in our little Twitter DM group haha.

1 comment:

  1. I love your answers! You and I share the same thoughts when it comes to reading the last page first. And I know many people who enjoyed the LOTR movies more than the books. The books can be a bit of a drag (even though I do love them :P)

    Also, I would love it if you could check out my answers to this tag:
    https://ravenandbeez.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/i-dare-you-booktag/

    ReplyDelete